At Watermark, we believe that all followers of Christ are “on mission” with our lives. Life is a long-term mission trip – and every day and every appointment is a short-term mission opportunity. God’s Word makes it clear that we should love God and love and serve others. It’s our job to share the love of Christ with people we see every day – whether we’re in Dallas, Texas, or halfway around the world.
In response to Christ’s directive to spread His Good News as we do “good works” around the world, our church takes a multifaceted approach to reach today’s world:
- We equip and support various indigenous (local) ministries that have proven effective in their own culture.
- We encourage our members to serve abroad.
- We involve our entire church in projects to communicate the Gospel and share our resources worldwide.
- The “good news” must accompany “good works.”
- We want to work through, empower, and support local churches / ministries.
- A focus on developing people and restoring systems – not just relief.
- Discipling our people and those we serve.
WATERMARK and ALARM (AFRICAN LEADERSHIP AND RECONCILIATION MINISTRIES)
- ALARM is an African ministry, empowering African pastors and other leaders to bring hope and transformation to their communities. ALARM operates in eight East and Central African countries.
- In 2006, Watermark began partnering with ALARM to do ministry in Burundi, Rwanda, Congo, Uganda, Kenya, and Sudan. Those efforts have included teaching government and church leaders principles of servant leadership and biblical conflict resolution, providing clean water, educating Uganda’s future leaders through a trade school, economically empowering the poor through micro-business development, and helping fund basic material needs as well as education and discipleship of orphans and at-risk children.
- For more information, visit: www.alarm-inc.org